Is anyone familiar with the Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon? The game is based under the assumption that any actor can be linked through his or her film roles to actor Kevin Bacon within six steps. I was having a bizarre thought while editing this week’s Podcast and took it a step farther. Do the fan film makers Fanboy Will and I talk with fit into the game? In some cases – very, very easily. Sometimes I think people get so enamored with “celebrity” we don’t realize how attainable or how we regular folk connect to these so called “stars”. So I took this week’s guest Chris Bouchard and put him to my hypothesis. Actually, Chris was pretty easy. But let’s play and maybe next time it will be a little more challenging.
OH WAIT! You may actually be asking yourself who Chris Bouchard is. I’m sure if you listen to this Podcast or know anything about fan films ‘The Hunt for Gollum’ has crossed your path. In my opinion the film in question along with another Lord of the Rings fan film called ‘Born of Hope’ both have legitimized the genre even further. And to borrow from an old, tired both films have raised the bar to what fan films can and will become.
So onto the game. Onto Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon.
1) Chris Bouchard directed Max Bracey is The Hunt for Gollum.
2) Max Bracey portrayed Baby Superman in Superman IV: The Quest for Peace.
3) Superman IV: The Quest for Peace starred Gene Hackman.
4) Gene Hackman was in Get Shorty with John Travolta.
5) John Travolta was in Broken Arrow with Christian Slater.
6) And Christian Slater was in Murder in the First with Mr. Kevin Bacon.
So I give you Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon. A game even the fan film lovers can play.
Visit the official Fan Film Podcast website.